2010年7月27日星期二

Bertolucci Giro Chronograph Watches

What they have done is create a looped bridge over the dial and separated the sapphire crystal into two pieces. Hard to do that and get good watch resistance still - expensive as well. Bertolucci feels that their Giro line (which includes most of these watches) is "casual chic." Perhaps it is more "gaping maw chic?"Each watch is in a 42 mm wide steel case, except for the 18k rose gold model below.It is entirely possible that my warped mind sees watches differently than other people do. Over the course of my writing about Bertolucci watches, they have always looked interesting, but a bit strange to me. I finally connected a few of the things that some of their common Chronograph models remind of me. Maybe you agree? You can tell that these watches are all part of the same family. Some or all are Bertoluccia Giro (All-Black Giro see here), and some are just called Bertolucci Quartz Chronograph watches. No matter the name, they each have large, gaping mouths. Why? I couldn't tell you. Though here are some of the possible design influences. My favorite is near the bottom of course. Each is highly disturbing in its own way. Bertolucci might need to occasionally revise their "Mediterranean Inspiration" slogan... to something else.I like Bertolucci watches mostly, they are nicely made and designed. Often with quartz movements, but good lookers for the fashion crowd. Though these watches are a bit to 'mouthy' for my taste.